50’s Bible Repair
Bible with Detached Spine
Here is a Bible that was published in the 1950’s. Its oversized covers broke at the corners and came apart from the spine. They had been reattached with tape. I replaced the spine and the covers which I framed with leather that matched the original cover design. I managed to save the picture in front, as well as the back and the titled section of the spine. I gently removed the tape and the glue residue. As a rule, do not use tape to repair books, but was pleased with the result. With proper care, this Bible will now last for a few more generations.
Bible with Oversized Cover and Cracked Picture
For some odd reason, this Bible had oversized covers that eventually broke at the corners and came apart from the spine as the simile leather dried out. I replaced the covers, framed them with genuine leather and used the same leather on the spine. I saved the picture in front, as well as the titled section of the spine and the end papers. With proper care, this Bible will now last for generations.